Friday, June 20, 2008

בעת ליל- רבי שלמה אבן גבירול

Well, I must say; I'm really starting to question di 'lomo's nocturnal orientation. Di 'lomo just started trying out a night-shift-office-job, and just after explaining how night jobs are a good thing for him- di 'lomo falls asleep a few hours in! ....ahh, what a 'lomo....
___________________________________________________________________

Actually, once I'm talking about night, I wanted to print here the פויוט of one of the greatest Spanish פייטנים to share my name (רבי שלמה אבן גבירול) about something which I also feel passionately at times; night!


בעת ליל והשחק נקי כף--- והסהר טהור לבב וברו

נהגני עלי ארחי תבונות---והורני באור הגו והרו

וחמלתי בפחדי מתלאות---עלי אורו כאב על בן בכורו

ורוח שלחה בי מפרשי עב---תפרש על פני סהר אפרו

כאלו אותה זרם גשמים---ותשען לעב עד כי תקירו

ושחק העטה קדרות וסהר---כאלו מת והענן קברו

ובל אוחיל ידידי ואקוה---לאור סהר אשון חשך המירו

ואשקיף עת יגל פניו ואגיל---כגיל עבד אשר אדון זכרו

1 comment:

aoc gold said...

The Star
(1)

Twinkle, twinkle, little star!

How I wonder what you are,

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

(2)

When the blazing sun is gone,

When he nothing shines upon,

Then you show your little light,

Twinkle, twinkle all the night.
(3)

The dark blue sky you keep

And often thro' my curtains peep,

For you never shut your eye

Till the sun is in the sky.

(4)

'Tis your bright and tiny spark

Lights the traveler in the dark;

Though I know not what you are
Twinkle, twinkle, little star!

-----by aoc power leveling