Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fat Black Girls

I appreciate everything G-d does and has done for me, I just think it's a little...funny..that for the past year every job I had involved me working under some dark, aggressive, control freak girl, who, if I don't obey and impress, might get me fired; last summer in LA it was a short Iranian-Californian girl, this winter it was a half black/half Jewish(?) girl who was twice my size, and now it's an actual fat black girl from Queens- kind of like "Jen" from the "Hell's Kitchen" television series but times 5!

....I see one thing that has pissed people off about me in general has always been that I tend to respond to criticisms while smiling...I don't know why...probably some 'deep psychological thing'...but, I can't help it...

Is anyone else following 'Hell's Kitchen' by the way? They're down to the last two, so exiting! ..It's honestly the first TV series I've followed since I was fourteen! ....some things I did find a bit unbelievable though...mostly that they kicked out Ben and Bobby and kept Matt and Rosanne for so long...especially Matt!..

...watching it actually reminds me of my time in Orlando; the 'quiet-build up-climax-anticlimax' sequence; the stress, the rush, the pleasure of having a proper dinner service...not too many other jobs are so fulfilling and so much fun...I also had pretty good relationships with the people there..(except the bosses of course..but they left a lot, so..). I can honestly say that the relationship I had with the waitress was by far the best I've had with any female (though she was Catholic and from Honduras..). After spending the days with her I looked at the 'JAP' ("Jewish American Princess") type girls who showed up there sometimes and thought "I have to end up marrying a girl like one of these snobby, whiny, pampered Jewish girls?!"...but Jewish girls are obviously far from all the same...

Man, I've gone on a lot about myself here! A little unlike me....

10 comments:

Rachel said...

This is really funny- fat black girls and you smiling in the face of criticism.

Just one thing:
"snobby, whiny pampered Jewish girls?!..." Nobody makes fun of my girlies that way.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

"This is really funny- fat black girls and you smiling in the face of criticism."- Thank you.

"Nobody makes fun of my girlies that way"- Oh but aren't they my dear? Maybe 'yeshivish' girls are a little more, but..it's sort of cross spectrum...

Rachel said...

No, I would say I've seen just as many snobbish girls who weren't Jewish. Perhaps it has more to do with the American part?

Rachel said...

I'm not really the type who checks onlysimchas, but I just happened upon it now and guess who I saw!?... Mazal tov ;)

the sabra said...

Who's engaged?

Shriki-the "deep psychological" thing of you smiling in the face of criticism may be a nervous response. Nervous laughter (and in your case, a smile) is a fairly common reaction to criticism.

Could be totally off in your case, but think about it :)

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

The phenomenon has obvious reasons I know, I must have been under the influence of LSD when I wrote that (oh yeah..I wasn't..I'm just retarded..).

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Oh, and my brother is not just engaged but married, as you might have been able to tell by now (and thank you Rachel-בעזרת השם by you..)

the sabra said...

ya i saw you write that your brother got married, so i was wonderin what the sudden mazel tov comment was about. whateva.

peace.

Rachel said...

...The comment was before his post.

the sabra said...

ya duh figured