Wednesday, October 21, 2009

פנים חדשות

Well friends, I've decided it's time for me to again record a few of my thoughts here. As I said in a comment to the previous post some of my reasons for not writing for a while are depression, off-hour employment at a home for those with "special needs" and an attempt to watch all the episodes of the "Lost" television program in a short amount of time....among other things...

Nonetheless, one fleeting thought (if it can be called that) that came upon me last night was a recollection of something a friend of mine once told me. This was a friend who had advanced in years and who had been married for quite a while, who I suspected of utilizing the services of prostitutes (though I don't think he detected it in me). Either way, he once told me the same justification one hears for any sexual misdemeanor; a comparison between a diversification of food to a diversification in sexuality. If one were to eat the same thing every day the monotony would become unbearable. So with ones wife; according to him having experienced intimacy with the same person too often causes an unrestrainable and unblameable need for diversification.

To me, the fact that a person's very appearance changes often seemed relevant to the subject. For a face of twenty is not that of thirty, nor that of thirty similar to that of forty. The face that you married is not the same one that will be for all time. Perhaps taking note of these changes would have helped someone as my friend overcome this urge for change...

2 comments:

Shani said...

Woot! New post.

Perhaps one should remind "your friend of advanced years" of the real meaning and definition of marriage.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Ha. Thanks. : )

I'm still wondering what sense this post could have possibaly made though...

As for the guy: He was kind of an idealist, and it was always enlightening to speak to him, so it was quite queer to see him behaving in that way, and fall to such levels. Yet he had been married for quite a while, and was far away from his wife most of the year. I guessed that on a marital level they allowed each other a few things after a while. ..the face changing thing was just a fleeting notion.

(In regards to posts: I've got a lot of stuff saved, but they're written in a typed 'short hand', so it would take a while to write them out. ..and I've been lazy.)